Sunday, December 26, 2010

Heres to you old bag--

I got myself a brand new dream-purse for Christmas this year. I first laid eyes on it on October 6th of this year. It was true love. But I didn't buy it, it was too expensive. Then it went on sale on black friday. Mike and I braved khols just to get it for me. I was so excited. My dreams were coming true. When we got to khols it wasn't there so I looked for it online when we got home. It wasn't there either. My heart cried because I thought they didn't make it anymore. Slowly but surly I moved on. A week before Christmas I went to khols to spend some of my khols cash that I had to use that week. What did I see???? MY bag. We danced together and I bought it. Mike said I couldn't use it until Christmas so I had to wrap it up and put it under the tree. The point of all this is to tell you how much I love this bag.
Today I was cleaning out my old bag and I started remembering all the good times we had together. I was a little sad to clean her out and put her in my closet.
I remember when I bought her. I found the bag when I was shopping with Bethany. Mike and I were engaged, and the wedding was getting closer. Mike called me and asked what I was up to and I told him I just bought a new bag. He was disappointed that I was spending money. It was the first time I felt like our finances were combining, along with the rest of our lives.
All of my make up and other wedding supplies were in this bag on my wedding day.
I took it on our honeymoon.
I started working at Burke with this bag.
I took it on all of our trips: California, California, The cabin and Hawaii.
It has held my camera to document all of our good times.
I have hidden small Christmas and birthday gifts in the zip up side pocket, like Mikes ipod.
Yesterday I wore it to my grandmas Christmas party and Rhett looks at my new bag and says in a confused way, "Esther, where's your old purse??" My four-year-old nephew doesn't remember a time before I wore that purse.
We have had so many good memories. We were inseparable.
While telling Mike all these bittersweet thoughts I started crying. Bawling. WTF??? This purse signifies engagement and wedding and the beginning of our marriage. It has been so good, I don't want to say goodbye to it!
Heres to you old bag-- We shared many good times. I will always look back on you fondly.

And heres to you new bag-- I can't wait for what we will experience together.
Also you are beautiful.

2 comments:

  1. Its adorable! I lusted after a new bag and bought it to me from Cody, you know since he's in Afghan land and its amazing. Crazy what a bag can make you feel eh?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this post.

    I love your new bag.

    It is a shimmering pillar of magnificence.

    ReplyDelete