Tuesday, December 28, 2010

Christmas

I was debating whether to tell you all about our Christmas... but this is also our family journal.. blah blah blah. This was our second Christmas together and it was amazing just like the first. I have 2 weeks off of work and I'm actually keeping myself busy trying to do a 14 week online class is 2 weeks. So far so good.
Mikes sister and her husband came down from Alaska so we got to hang out with them quite a bit. We're secretly (or not so secretly) hoping that they will move closer to us! Christmas Eve day we went desert romping with our friends Chase and Bethany. The weather was perfect and there was even some mud. Then for dinner we ate pizza with the Grubbs clan. We read Luke 2 and went off to see the Christmas lights. This is an absolutely terrible picture of everyone in it... but it's the only one I have so... deal with it! Jamie and Dave are magically see-through and everyone else looks scared or painfully uncomfortable! Oh how I love the awkward picture!

After we saw the lights with the Grubbs we went straight to my parents house. This year we decided to not do Christmas morning because there is just too much to do on Christmas day. So all the Robinsons gathered at my parents and did gift exchange with each other. It's so fun to see people open up gifts. My mom got my dad a kiack (spelling?) and the nieces and nephew loved it. They put all of their new toys on the front of it and just sat in it the whole night. So cute.

Christmas morning came and Mike woke me up at 6:30 because he couldn't sleep anymore. hahahahha what a little kid. We opened our gifts from each other a played around with them. Mike is so good at gift giving! And I am so good at gift getting! I got so much new kitchen stuff! A magic bullet and electronic can opener from Mikey, a wheat mill and wheat from mi madre, pampered chef stuff and a stinkin adorable homemade apron from my sister in law jessica, and a matching apron and pot holder from my in-laws. SHEESH! Good thing I love to cook! I'm excited to try the things I haven't already used! Anyway after our gift opening and eating our very own Christmas cereal, I busted out my brand new beach cruiser scooter, and Mike busted out is old pink razor and we scootered on over to my parents. We hung out there for a little bit and scootered on home. Then we went to my in-laws and guess what we did.... MORE gift exchange! Mike and Dave set up my father-in-laws brand new sound system and it sounds amazing.
We ate Christmas lunch/dinner with the Grubbs and then went to my Grandmas. We used to all go over to her house but the family has gotten so big that we can't all fit, so she does Christmas lunch at her church building. This year was especially fun I thought. It's always good to see family that we don't get to see as often as we used to.
One of my favorite traditions-- Every year, every family on my moms side makes a paper with kind of a sum up of their year. Then Grandma Jean makes copies, enough for everyone and we all get to take a little book home, and read and look at pictures from everyones year.
Handsome Rhett.

Santa comes every year to scare all the kids. Why is it that kids are always scared of Santa??? Who knows but it's hilarious.

These are a few random pictures from the holiday break... Don't mind my double chin.

Brenly is the most precious thing. I love to hold her when she is sleeping.

My favorite things about Christmas--
Family, family, family
Food
Picking out gifts that you know someone will love, and watching them open them.
Decoration
Kids excitement
New things
No work for 2 weeks
...and...
Remembering the birth of Jesus Christ.
Already counting down the days until next Christmas!

2 comments:

  1. So fun! We missed being at Grandma Jean's party but love the family book. Christmas is the best especially when you are married because you get twice the parties!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't even get over how much i love your hair! I am glad you had an awesome Christmas. We really should make a Christmas Eve-Day Desert Romp a tradition.

    ReplyDelete