Monday, July 19, 2010

Hot and cold weekend.

We went to the river and it was fantabulous. When friends, sun, water, food, and beverage come together with no physical activity it makes for a good time. Plus we had some fun entertainment-Chris.     dweebs.

Mike actually put sunscreen on TWICE during the 4 hour float and his legs still turned out like this. 

Right after we got back we showered, threw some clothes into a bag and skeedadled on up to my grandmas cabin just past flagstaff. We were up there for the 4th of July weekend and the weather was 72 degreesish. Fantastic. I had to get back up there before the summer ends. And I'm glad we did. It was so nice to just hang out with family and relax and be outside in the woods. This is Mike with my Livy, Rhetty-bones and Roxy. 

Cute story.
My niece Roxy is just a doll. We don't get to see her as often as the rest of my family does so she doesn't know and love us as much. Or so we thought. Maybe the mountain air put some "I love Michael" thoughts into her cute little brain because she was in LOVE with him. I know it doesn't look like it in ^ that picture but trust me, the love is real. When we were eating dinner she got hurt and was crying. She got down on the ground, crawled under 3 tables, bypassed her own mother and came straight to Mike. The whole time she was just whimpering "uuant Mikos uuant Mikos." Then she ate the rest of her dinner with him. Darling. 
I'm not really sure whats going on in this picture... but I thought I'd just throw it up here because my niece is cute. Just ignore the wierdo with the faggy hand.   
I thought this weekend was awesome because it was full of friends, sun, laughing, driving, heat, coldness, family, flashlights and forest. 
Who could ask for anything more?

2 comments:

  1. So fun! We went to Jacksonville this weekend and got FRIED!! Sunburns suck but nieces and nephews rock!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awww such a cute story! I like it! :)

    ReplyDelete